Navigating Fashion Law, 2015 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Developing Client Brands in a Changing Market and Monitoring Key…
Navigating Fashion Law provides an authoritative, insider’s point of view on developing, protecting, and expanding client brands in an ever-evolving marketplace. Featuring experienced fashion law practitioners, this book guides the reader through the affect of contemporary trends at the industry’s future, including 3D printing, increased social media use, and ethical sourcing. Offering advice for start-ups and established brands alike, these authors educate clients on negotiating licensing agreements, registering trademarks, and protecting IP rights. From increased lawsuits surrounding unpaid internships to web data and privacy breaches, these top lawyers outline the major issues that occur within the industry, and list best practices for overcoming these obstacles. These experts also monitor the ongoing effects of major case law on trademark development, such as the Louboutin “Red Sole” case. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside one of the most great legal minds of these days, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts at the keys to success within this competitive field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Every chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented point of view and proven strategies for success. Every writer has been selected according to their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Susan Scafidi, Professor, Fashion Law Institute at Fordham Law School- “Introduction: Fashion Law Triumphant-Designing Success in a New Legal Field”
2. Ali Grace Marquart and Doreen Small, Founding Partners, Marquart & Small LLP – “Global Area of Fashion Modeling Law Evolves Along With New Forms of Media”
3. Jura C. Zibas, Partner, Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP -“Addressing the Challenges Associated With Counseling Clients in the Fashion Industry”
4. Olivera Medenica, Principal, Medenica Law PLLC – “The Importance of Counsel in the Context of the Fashion Industry’s Emerging Issues”
5. Seyamack Kouretchian, Managing Partner, Coast Law Group LLP – “Issues for Sports Apparel Clients and Lawyers”
6. Mariessa Terrell, Founding Partner, SBC Law Group – “Aesthetic Functionality Ensures a Balance Between Patent and Trademark Law”
7. Marc A. Lieberstein, Brand Licensing and Franchising Partner, Kilpatrick Townsend LLP – “Strategic Planning and Vigilance Can Achieve Your Brand Licensing Objectives”
8. Noah J. Leichtling, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP – “Monitoring and Protecting Fashion Clients’ Brands and Trademarks”
|Number Of Pages|