The WORN Archive: A Fashion Journal about the Art, Ideas, & History of What We Wear
$29.95 (as of March 17, 2019, 4:02 pm)
“WORN is reclaiming fashion as something that may be exciting, challenging, different, quirky, interesting, not just as something you could have to consume.”―Jane Pratt, from her foreword
The WORN Archive: A Fashion Journal concerning the Arts, Ideas, and History of What We Wear is a manifesto on why fashion and clothing matter. For eight years, the Canadian magazine has investigated the intersections of fashion, pop culture, and art. With prescient, intelligent articles, WORN Fashion Journal strives to address diverse issues such as gender, identity, and culture with openness and honesty. WORN asserts that fashion is art, history, ideas, and most of all fun―that style is a personal experience that don’t need to align with the fashion industry.
The four-hundred-page book features the most efficient content from the journal’s first fourteen issues, assembled by WORN‘S founder and editor in chief, Serah-Marie McMahon. Articles penned by a host of unique contributors (academics, writers, curators, and artists) touch on topics as wide-ranging as the relationship between feminism and fashion, discourse on hijabs, learn how to tie a tie, the history of flight attendants, and textile conservation. With eclectic photo shoots featuring “real” models, striking illustrations, and whimsical layouts, each and every page is a joyful, creative approach to clothing.
The WORN Archive is the ultimate cultural style map for many who don’t wish to be told learn how to dress but are searching for a transformative understanding of why we wear what we do.
|Number Of Items|
|Number Of Pages|
- Color by Betty Edwards: A Course in Mastering the Art of Mixing Colors
$22.00(as of March 17, 2019, 3:08 pm) & FREE Shipping.
- Buy product
- Point of View: Me, New York City, and the Punk Scene
$55.00(as of March 17, 2019, 3:08 pm) & FREE Shipping.
- Buy product
- Fashion Climbing: A Memoir with Photographs
$27.00(as of March 17, 2019, 3:05 pm) & FREE Shipping.Save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code NOVBOOK18 at checkout.Your coupon will be applied at amazon checkout. Details
Coupons available for this offerView more couponsFashion Climbing: A Memoir with PhotographsSave $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code NOVBOOK18 at checkout.
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) November 25, 2018.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com (look for "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code NOVBOOK18 at checkout to qualify.
- More Info